Saturday, January 12, 2008

12 January 2008

Today I resolved to work on my spinning projects. Sigh. I didn't get very far. I pulled out my Level 2 workbook and looked at all the research items I haven't finished yet. I looked at all the skeins I have to spin up and all the exotic fibres I get to use. I typed up the requirements for the (mis-named) 25 hour project (we all know the project will actually take 10 times the number of hours allocated for it). I even went to my spinning "library" and pulled out a book with the intention of reading up on the topics I need to write about.

But then, family members entered the room. They started talking to me about important things and I put my book down. My sister called me and needed to talk to me. I went out to get my hair cut and then out again to take care of some errands. Before you knew it, the day was gone. The finale? I picked up a knitting pattern that I've been wanting to try out and the yarn and needles just happened to be hanging out with the pattern. And so, once again, I was lured away from my "homework".

Tomorrow's another day?

No comments: