Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mittens for Sarah

I'm almost finished the Selbuvotter mittens for Sarah. See? I'm working on the second thumb. I hope to finish it, and weave in the ends today. Then I will celebrate. These mittens were really nice to knit. The chart is clear and mittens don't take nearly so long as socks!

The mittens were supposed to be done for Sarah's birthday. I had one done, the left hand, which I gave to her on the big day. Being a southpaw, I thought she'd appreciate that I worked on the left hand first. I promised the right hand would soon follow. But then I went to Olds for Fibre Week and was busy being a merchant and a student and didn't get much time for being a knitter. Now I'm making up for lost time. The second mitten knits up much faster than the first.

I do love these mittens...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! Funny how life gets in the way of knitting. Why can't the rest of the world understand the nature of the obsession.

HyaCynth said...

Yeah, and I wonder what it is about certain things that make them so compelling? I wonder, for example, in this project if it's the act of knitting or watching the pattern develop that makes it hard to put down.

Unknown said...

I have known about the hobby of he knitters. For your nice reference I have a specialize Company in fineat baby alpaca yarns and other yarns. All my goods are of highest-uality and low prices.I export to the world-wide.
Kindest regards,
MARIA MATUK
summumorg@gmail.com