Tuesday, December 25, 2007

25 December 2007

It's Christmas Day! We spent the last few days in Jasper National Park, enjoying the snow and fresh air and wildlife. It's been the way we celebrate the Christmas holiday with our small family ever since... well, for a long time. Usually we go skiing but this year we just did some walking around and hanging out.

The air was cold and crisp and I needed to wear my hat and a scarf and mitts. I kept my camera inside my ski jacket so that the batteries would stay warm(ish). It was good to get away from the city for a little bit. We watched cable tv in the hotel room and ate out. We packed books and games and I took along some knitting. We drove around looking for animals to photograph and found deer, elk, ravens and mountain sheep.

Jasper is one of my favourite places to get away to. It's small & relatively non-commercial. You don't have to spend hours figuring out where to eat or what to do... your choices are limited. And there are animals in and around the townsite. If you want to get a photograph of a mountain dwelling animal outside of a zoo, chances are you'll find one or two in Jasper. And if you don't the scenery is still pretty fantastic (and worth a picture).





No comments: