Monday, December 31, 2007

31 December 2007

It's approaching late afternoon/early evening as I write this entry and the sun is setting rapidly now. The snow on the trees in the yard almost seems to glow in the twilight. The cat is keeping a patrol at the big window in the livingroom. She is on the lookout for rabbits and birds. It's a very pleasant way to see the end of the year out. It's quiet in my neighbourhood and inside our house. I'm very grateful that I'm able to spend my last day of 2007 here in my cozy home, in our quiet neighbourhood with my soul mate. I wish that my whole family were together this evening but I will have to wait a little longer for that.

It's been a good year. For me. I try to keep that in mind as I think about the upcoming year and all the plans I've been making. No real resolutions in store... but a renewed commitment to look after myself.

2008: I'm excited about attending the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival in February. I'm signed up for a 2 day spinning class with Nancy Bush and Judith McKenzie McCuin. I will endeavour to spend more time handpainting and spinning yarn (honing my craft). I'm going to go skiing with Lucy Neatby.

Tonight: pizza and wings, champagne and chocolates!

No comments: